- Help! Am I Messing Up My Kids by Homeschooling?
- The Future of Learning: How Taking an Online Homeschool Course Prepares Your Student
- All Religions Have Zealous Followers, but All Zealots Do Not Behave the Same
- Foreign Language Learning: Attending a Live Classroom vs. Using a Software Program
- Afraid of Science Labs?
- Am I Homeschooling a Snowflake? How to Create a Strong Thinker
- Can Studying a Foreign Language Improve SAT/ACT Scores?
- Excelsior Classes Prepares Students for CLEP Exams
- Homeschoolers Scoring High on Literature and Essay Testing (Part 2)
- Five Things Photography Has Taught Me
The Early Years For the first few years, our homeschooling venture seemed to be going well. Our young daughter learned to count and recognize letters. Soon reading, writing, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division followed, and Mom breathed a sigh of relief. Then middle school hit. Beginning algebra and structured essays, oh no. That child who […]
The future of learning is changing. While the preceding statement is always somewhat truthful, there has been a definite and accelerated shift in the last decade, and it shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. Our world sits under the reign of technology, and while this may seem scary, the possibilities are incredible. Our […]
Religious zealots are not created equal. Do you know someone who is religious, someone whose life seems to be guided by his or her faith? The way they talk, the things they do or don’t do, the way they dress or don’t dress, what they do, or don’t do, with their money. If we think […]
Being a foreign language teacher, I am frequently asked to give my opinion of the many software programs available for foreign language learning. These are my thoughts on the subject. Foreign Language Learning: PACING Yes, it’s true that software programs allow you to go at your own pace, but if you’re like most of us, […]
“I can’t do labs! They are messy or scary and I need special equipment.” The good news is that you don’t and you can do it! Science and discovery are all around us. You don’t need special equipment. You can do many labs with items around your house or found at your local store. Many […]