- Supporting Your Kids’ Passions When They Differ from Your Own
- 4 MUST-HAVES for Foreign Language Success
- Freshman 101: Why Should I Take an Online Course Now?
- Merci: You Mean it’s Not Pronounced “Mercy”?!
- Tips for Preparing a Moist Turkey
- I Need a New Computer… What Should I Get?
- Help! Am I Messing Up My Kids by Homeschooling?
- The Future of Learning: How Taking an Online Homeschool Course Prepares Your Student
- All Religions Have Zealous Followers, but All Zealots Do Not Behave the Same
- Foreign Language Learning: Attending a Live Classroom vs. Using a Software Program
It is not uncommon for parents to be wary of teaching their children about ancient mythologies. Though it is important to guard our hearts and minds, learning about ancient civilizations is also important. This is exceptionally true of Greek mythology because the allusions are far reaching and having a base knowledge will provide important context. […]
I need to let you in on the #1 way to ensure you enjoy your next museum visit, and it has to do with LEGOs. Since we have been talking about museum visits the past few weeks, and you now have some amazing strategies to get into museums for free or cheap from my last […]
The Foodie Generation A foodie is defined by Merriam Webster’s dictionary as “a person having an avid interest in the latest food fads.” This is not a new concept; for centuries people have been labeled gourmets, epicures, gastronomes, or gourmands. As a culture we are fascinated with fine foods, and we have so […]
“Why in the world would I ever want to teach Junior High science?” At one point in my teaching career, this is what I would have said. However, for the last seven years that is all I have taught… and I love it! Junior High is a tough age for students. They are not little […]
I think most homeschooling parents who begin when their children are young would agree that at some point, things just get hard. As children grow older and more of them arrive, many moms encounter the difficulty of the number of children and preparations required. Others might confess trepidation at the thought of teaching high school […]