- The Total Solar Eclipse of 1919
- Umlauts: What’s the Deal with the Two Dots?
- 5 Tips for Photographing Your Family Vacation
- Five Common Pitfalls for English Speakers Learning Spanish to Avoid
- Why Middle School History Is Important
- What Is The Electoral College and Does It Reflect The Popular Vote of The People?
- Summer Fun and Education: Can You Have Both?
- Step Up Your Literature Game: Marking Up and Annotating Books
- Food and Friendships Found Online
- Have You Made Your Summer Bucket List?
Why Excelsior Classes? In our last blog post we discussed the values of excellence and rigor which Excelsior Classes brings to the homeschool experience. But isn’t that boring? J Where’s the joie de vivre in that? Learning should be more than just challenging and professional. It should also unleash and express enthusiasm and delight! PASSION […]
Why Excelsior Classes? Some of you may remember life when email technology appeared novel. It seemed that the internet in its incipient stage was rather empty or devoid of content. AOL and that dial-up noise was oh-so-mysterious. Fast-forward twenty years, and the entire world has changed. Education has changed with it. Virtual learning is commonplace, […]
There is a rather disparaging yet humorous quote about teachers that says, “Those who can, do, and those who can’t, teach.” It is a rather cheeky statement, but the truth of the matter is that superior instructors must do. Mere knowledge and doing is not enough to be an effective teacher, however. Great teachers both […]