- Homeschoolers Scoring High on Literature and Essay Testing (Part 2)
- Five Things Photography Has Taught Me
- What is Graphic Design and why you need to know it.
- The Great American Eclipse of 2017
- The Total Solar Eclipse of 1919
- Umlauts: What’s the Deal with the Two Dots?
- 5 Tips for Photographing Your Family Vacation
- Five Common Pitfalls for English Speakers Learning Spanish to Avoid
- Why Middle School History Is Important
- What Is The Electoral College and Does It Reflect The Popular Vote of The People?
How to become proficient in Spanish “I studied Spanish and got an ‘A’, but I don’t remember anything.” This sentiment expresses what many of us feel about high school foreign language study. No one will ever achieve language proficiency by simply going to a foreign language class and doing the homework. Since immersion is out […]
The Need for Punctuality Outside of the sanctuaries of our homes, life is filled with deadlines. As a homeschool parent, I have savored the freedom of our family’s life at home; learning at one’s own pace is often rewarded with unparalleled creativity. However, I have also watched in sorrow as friends and acquaintances failed to […]
STEM to STEAM in Education One of the trends in public education is the idea of STEM schools, steering students toward careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. We want our kids to be well-positioned in a world that is driven by rapid technological growth, and there’s good money to be made by engineers and […]
The Most Important Word Last night, I sat down to dinner with my husband at our local French restaurant. Simply walking through the door transports you to a snug Parisian bistro. As we were eating, we began talking about the French language. My husband is a fluent French speaker, and I, of course, am a […]
Why Excelsior Classes? In our last blog post we discussed the values of excellence and rigor which Excelsior Classes brings to the homeschool experience. But isn’t that boring? J Where’s the joie de vivre in that? Learning should be more than just challenging and professional. It should also unleash and express enthusiasm and delight! PASSION […]