- Homeschoolers Scoring High on Literature and Essay Testing (Part 2)
- Five Things Photography Has Taught Me
- What is Graphic Design and why you need to know it.
- The Great American Eclipse of 2017
- The Total Solar Eclipse of 1919
- Umlauts: What’s the Deal with the Two Dots?
- 5 Tips for Photographing Your Family Vacation
- Five Common Pitfalls for English Speakers Learning Spanish to Avoid
- Why Middle School History Is Important
- What Is The Electoral College and Does It Reflect The Popular Vote of The People?
As the books and computers are put away and the grades have all been handed out, I am often left with a feeling of worry. What will we do this summer? Will it be a summer filled with TV, computer games, and Xbox? That is the last thing I want; however, sometimes I feel like […]
Do you want to improve your ability to comprehend and think deeply about the literature you read? Mark up your book! Many students are encouraged to annotate their texts, but few know how to do this effectively. Commonly, students underline or highlight long sections of text that stand out to them, but later wonder why […]
The cuisines of the world bring joy to our taste buds and nourishment to our stomachs. This post is dedicated to the friendships developed through online cuisine and pastry classes. I refer to these relationships as “soul food,” because I am a foodie. Soul food is defined by Food Lover’s Companion as the “fare [that] […]
A summer bucket list is something that I’ve never written before, but I have seen it on social media the last few weeks as summer vacation has started for most students. So, as a science teacher, you might be able to guess that my summer bucket list would have several “science” related items on it. […]
One Awesome Educational Hack for a Fabulous Summer Easy plan. Children, avert your eyes. “FREE AT LAST!” … The joyful proclamation as the school year ends. But is that it? No more learning? Time for total educational depravity? What’s the deal? Why is summertime so much more exciting to kids? The secret: Summertime = Playtime. […]