- Supporting Your Kids’ Passions When They Differ from Your Own
- 4 MUST-HAVES for Foreign Language Success
- Freshman 101: Why Should I Take an Online Course Now?
- Merci: You Mean it’s Not Pronounced “Mercy”?!
- Tips for Preparing a Moist Turkey
- I Need a New Computer… What Should I Get?
- Help! Am I Messing Up My Kids by Homeschooling?
- The Future of Learning: How Taking an Online Homeschool Course Prepares Your Student
- All Religions Have Zealous Followers, but All Zealots Do Not Behave the Same
- Foreign Language Learning: Attending a Live Classroom vs. Using a Software Program
“I can’t do labs! They are messy or scary and I need special equipment.” The good news is that you don’t and you can do it! Science and discovery are all around us. You don’t need special equipment. You can do many labs with items around your house or found at your local store. Many […]
I have been homeschooling for twenty years, and I must say that our world feels more tumultuous, harried, frenetic, and down-right scary than it did when I first started. I have also noticed students in my classroom are stressed and overwhelmed by a variety of dynamics. While millennials receive flack for being “snowflakes” or wanting […]
Can studying a foreign language improve SAT/ACT scores? Jawohl! Klaro! Bien sûr! If you have homeschoolers in middle school, chances are you have the SAT or ACT exams on a back burner. Now is the time to start preparing them by including a foreign language in their educational program! Why a foreign language? Studies […]
Last summer, one of my German students, Elijah, took and passed the German CLEP exam, albeit on the second try. The first time, he did not tell me he was taking the exam. Otherwise, I would have helped him prepare. His mother tells the story: We have such good news to share! After a longer […]
As noted in Part 1, your homeschooled student probably falls well above their peers on the scale of thinking skills and being well-read. The key to scoring highly on essay testing is a matter of harnessing their knowledge quickly and effectively on the page. Synthesis and Rhetorical Analysis essays are best prepared for by reading […]