- Why You Should Take Adobe Muse and Learn How to Build Websites Without Knowing Code.
- A Biology Lesson from my Four-Year-Old Son
- Do You Qualify for the "Homeschooling Parent Genius Award"?
- 5 Signs a Medical Career Might Be a Good Fit for You
- Ignite a Passion for Reading with Science Fiction
- The Power of Point of View
- The Multiplicity of the Arabic Language
- 4 Reasons Why Homeschoolers Should Study Screenwriting (and Get English Comp Credit for It)
- Did Abraham Build the Kaaba as Muslims Claim?
- Tips to Make Your Living Space Seem Larger
The Most Important Word Last night, I sat down to dinner with my husband at our local French restaurant. Simply walking through the door transports you to a snug Parisian bistro. As we were eating, we began talking about the French language. My husband is a fluent French speaker, and I, of course, am a […]
Why Excelsior Classes? In our last blog post we discussed the values of excellence and rigor which Excelsior Classes brings to the homeschool experience. But isn’t that boring? J Where’s the joie de vivre in that? Learning should be more than just challenging and professional. It should also unleash and express enthusiasm and delight! PASSION […]
Why Excelsior Classes? Some of you may remember life when email technology appeared novel. It seemed that the internet in its incipient stage was rather empty or devoid of content. AOL and that dial-up noise was oh-so-mysterious. Fast-forward twenty years, and the entire world has changed. Education has changed with it. Virtual learning is commonplace, […]
There is a rather disparaging yet humorous quote about teachers that says, “Those who can, do, and those who can’t, teach.” It is a rather cheeky statement, but the truth of the matter is that superior instructors must do. Mere knowledge and doing is not enough to be an effective teacher, however. Great teachers both […]