Look to the Sea Book Club
Join Jodi Guerra (a lover of all sea stories) for a few favorites to read. Our focus will be on non-fiction works.
This club meets once per month, the third Sunday of the month at 7:30 PM ET for September- November and February- April. This will be a true book club. The club leader will present an overview, but discussion will be based on participation of members.
The books are:
- In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick (September)
- Longitude by Dava Sobel (October)
- War of the Whales by Joshua Horwitz (November)
- Into the Raging Sea: Thirty-Three Mariners, One Megastorm, and the Sinking of El Faro by Rachel Slde (Februrary)
- The Soul of the Octopus by Sy Montgomery (March)
- In the Wake of Madness: The Murderous Voyage of the Whaleship Sharon by Joan Druett (April)
If you are not logged into your account, you may see a requirement for a 30% deposit to register; however, there is no charge to reserve for a club.
Date & Time
*See the School Calendar on our FAQs
Jodi Guerra is an Instructor and Coordinator with Excelsior Classes, a consortium of online teachers dedicated to excellence in online instruction. She has been involved in the education of children and adults serving in public schools, private schools, and corporate America. For the last twenty years, Jodi has worked with homeschool students in private classes, tutoring situations, and in the virtual world of online education. She seeks to make every learning situation fun yet productive. Besides teaching, Jodi loves to read and finds both cooking and sewing to be creative expressions.