Prior to registering, please make sure you have read the class description(s), have met the prerequisites for the course, and have completed any required placement exams (for math or foreign language). We ask that you become familiar with our refund policies articulated below.
Math placement exams are required for students; if you register for a math course prior to receiving teacher feedback and decide to withdraw from the course, the deposit remains non-refundable. The deposit is transferable to another math course or another course for the current school year.
If your student has special learning needs, please communicate with the teacher prior to enrolling to ensure the course will be a proper fit.
The family registration is nonrefundable as is the deposit paid to Excelsior Classes for classes and studies. When a family registers, we take the commitment seriously as the spot is reserved for that student and may prevent others from registering.
The refund policy and dates for SY 2024-2025 are:
- Student drops between registration and Saturday, August 17, 2024 by 5:00 PM ET (fall and full-year) or Saturday, January 4, 2025 by 5:00 PM ET = 100% refund of funds paid directly to teacher minus any electronic submission fees; the course deposit to Excelsior is non-refundable.
- Student drops during the first week of class (by Friday, August 23, 2024 — 5:00 PM or Friday, January 10, 2025 — 5:00 PM) = 50% refund of funds paid directly to the teacher minus any electronic submission fees; the course deposit to Excelsior is nonrefundable.
- After the first week of class (by Saturday, August 24, 2024 or Saturday, January 11, 2025), there is no refund.
- There are no refunds for students who register after a class has started, and payment must be complete before joining the class.
It is possible to change a course registration for a full-price course (no discount coupon code used) prior to the start of the class. There is no charge for this.
The deposit is transferable to a different course deposit within the same family for the current school year only.
- Deposits may not be transferred to a teacher for payment of tuition.
- Deposits are not held school year to school year.
- Courses purchased using a discount coupon code are non-transferable. A payment for the tuition difference plus a processing charge ($20) must be paid in order to switch to a different course.
To make a change, simply write to email@example.com with your student’s name and the names of the courses you wish to drop and/or add.
After classes start, course movement is limited. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds for Self-Paced Offerings, Independent Studies, and Clubs
There are no refunds for any self-paced course or independent study once the purchase has been made.
There are no refunds for clubs. If club attendance dwindles during the course of the year making the club unviable, there are no prorated refunds of club membership(s).
Class Minimums and Cancellations
Any course which is canceled by Excelsior Classes due to the class minimum not being met (or for any other reason) will be completely refunded.
There are no refunds of online license fees (e.g., Big Ideas Math Lab, Yellowdig) or special event seminar enrollments if the parent cancels the registration.