Excelsior Classes is happy to partner with Away on Voyage, a boutique travel agency who has hired Excelsior Classes teachers to lead various trips.
(Registration through Away on Voyage is CLOSED)
Get ready for an incredible journey with our Germany 2018 travel package! Beginning on June 12, 2018, you’ll experience the sights, sounds, and tastes of Germany for 11 days, guided by Excelsior’s own Frau Susan Gleason. Explore both a 17th century castle and the 19th century palace that inspired Walt Disney, eat lunch in two authentic Biergartens, watch the famous Glockenspiel in the Marienplatz square, tour a local brewery, and so much more!
Our itinerary includes:
- 4-star hotel, newly renovated, in the heart of Munich
- Savor the cuisine at the internationally-renown Munich Hofbräuhaus as we enjoy their Lederhosen-clad oompah band
- Shop at a multitude of stores and boutiques in Munich
- Visit the beautiful 13th century Church of the Holy Spirit and the Gothic Church of St. Peter in Munich
- Enjoy a private tour of Munich’s famous Augustiner Brewery and lunch in their Biergarten
- Tour the famous Gothic town hall in Munich, the Frauenkirche and main square Marienplatz
- Climb the 299 steps of the Alter Peter tower with a 360° view of Munich (and the Bavarian Alps on a clear day!)
- Tour the Deutsches Museum, a 4-tiered behemoth of science and technology which houses many authentic WWII aircraft
- Experience the German train, tram and subway systems
- See German war memorials and learn the history of the three German empires
- Stay in 400-yr old Castle Hurlach, formerly owned by the Fugger Family, who were historically prominent European bankers
- Tour the castle, its grounds, and learn its history. Don’t get lost in the dungeon!
- Our service work at the castle can include yard work, housekeeping, babysitting (missionary kids), laundry, ironing, painting, moving furniture, landscaping, washing windows, cooking, sweeping, dish washing, playground maintenance… and more!
- Tour the town of Hurlach and visit its friendly grocery store (our students like to go there every day for German yummies!)
- The worship room at the castle also has a variety of musical instruments
- Make lasting friendships with international missionary students at Youth With A Mission
- Enjoy grilling out at the castle and relaxing on their spacious grounds after our service work
- Play basketball, soccer, ride bikes, climb trees, hike, jog
- Hike in the German countryside with private tour and storytelling of the legendary Galgenbaum (hanging tree)
- Dine at Hurlach’s celebrated Beim Metzgerwirt Biergarten, known for the best Wiener Schnitzel in the region!
- Take a private tour of Dachau Concentration Camp and visit their bookstore
- If you’re a German student, you’ll have ample opportunities to use your language skills and learn more!
- Hike in the Bavarian Alps up to the “Cinderella Castle”, Castle Neuschwanstein, the most famous castle in the world, and take a private tour! Also tour Castle Hohenschwangau and the Museum of the Bavarian Kings
- Led by near-native German speakers, Frau Gleason, and her daughter, Claire, who call Germany their 2nd Home!
DON'T MISS OUT
You won’t want to miss out on this amazing opportunity. In addition to your lodging and attractions, this package includes your round trip airfare and many of your meals as well!