TRAVELWe have partnered with Away on Voyage, a boutique travel agency that has hired Excelsior Classes teachers to lead various trips
Get ready for an incredible journey with our Germany 2020 travel package! Beginning on June 9, 2020, you’ll experience the sights, sounds, and tastes of Germany for 10 days, guided by Excelsior’s own Frau Susan Gleason. Explore both a 17th century castle and the 19th century palace that inspired Walt Disney, dine in three authentic Biergartens, watch the famous Glockenspiel in the Marienplatz square, tour a local brewery, and much more!
The total price for airfare, all accommodations, in-country transport, tours and many meals is $2999, with the possiblity of the fee being decreased depending on our final number of travelers.
- Stay in a comfy, centrally located hotel in Munich
- Celebrate with the Lederhosen-clad oompah band as we dine at the world famous Hofbräuhaus Restaurant!
- Visit locations of the White Rose anti-Nazi movement
- Have our own private tour and delicious meal at Augustiner-Keller Biergarten & Brewery
- Enjoy a private tour of the famous Gothic cathedral Frauenkirche (and other cathedrals!)
- Hear about Munich’s Olympic history of the 1972 games
- Shop to your heart’s content in Munich! Lederhosen, Dirndls, cuckoo clocks, chocolate, gelato, post cards, whatever you want…we know where it is!
- Tour Marienplatz, the square of Munich with its beautiful Gothic town hall and hear the famous Glockenspiel and watch its famous figurines dance
- Take a private tour of Dachau KZ Memorial and visit the bookstore
- Stay in 400-year-old Castle Hurlach and enjoy its spacious grounds
- Take a hike in the Bavarian countryside while listening to folk legends
- Serve alongside missionary students while doing service work at Castle Hurlach
- Enjoy a cookout with all your favorite German sausages
- Tour a multi-war memorial site
- Enjoy scrumptious, traditional Bavarian & Swabish fare under towering chestnut trees at Beim Metzgerwirt Biergarten, where the region’s best Wiener Schnitzel is served!
- Hike in the Bavarian Alps and tour Neuschwanstein Castle, which gave Walt Disney the inspiration for the Cinderella Castle, along with Castle Hohenschwangau and Museum of the Bavarian Kings
- …and much more!
Instructor & Club Leader
This trip is lead by Excelsior Classes German instructor, club leader, experienced mission tripper, world traveler and linguist, Frau Susan Gleason and her bilingual daughter, Claire, a graduate student at Virginia Tech.
Need a Trip Support Letter?
In need of funding? No problem! Away on Voyage has a printable support letter so you can ask relatives, friends, and church family for prayer and financial support.
Interested in this trip?
Our travel partner, Away on Voyage, is now accepting registrations to save your seat!